Thursday, March 26, 2009

Change Happens

Yesterday Ethan and I watered the flowers and the shrubs.


It has been so dry here.


This morning I was awakened by someone yelling, "MOM!" Forty-five minutes before Hilary normally rolls out of bed, she came screaming into my room, just so she could announce, "We're having a snow day!" Great. If my heart wasn't pounding I could fall back asleep. I peeked out the window. It was barely snowing. The streets were hardly wet.

Five hours later, the wind is howling. The snow is blowing.

Sorry, Christopher. I would have pulled your car in the garage if I'd known it would snow this much. (Well, you know. Then if we needed to go out at some point, we'd have a 4-wheel drive vehicle warm and free of snow.)

At noon, the news says it will keep snowing until Friday morning. Looks as if Spring Break began 2 days early!

6 comments:

Heth said...

That is NUTS! Holy cow that's a lot of snow. Happy "spring break"?

Mylinda said...

That's just amazing!! Your first pictures look so springlike, but then the snow.... Wow. That's all I can say. Enjoy winter's last hurrah....maybe. lol

cmhaws said...

Oh man I am sad to be missing the blizzard :( That is the way my car is supposed to look though, ready for a good snow ride. I hope you guys get to utilize its great abilities :)

Anonymous said...

That's definitely a CHANGE!!! I hope you are warming up some!!!

Melanie said...

Yikes! What a difference a day makes. Although it's only 37 degrees out here, our snow is all gone, but we're supposed to get 4-7" tonight.

BTW, I have an award for you over on my "Window" blog.

Ed Haws said...

One reason we moved here from Arizona was to get out of the heat!
Good decision ???

Grandma and Grandpa Haws