Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Do You Ever Wonder?

Do you ever wonder what your kids do when you aren't at home?

Michael and I went for a walk after dinner. Hilary was home alone. I found a video she took of herself dancing in the kitchen. It was hilarious, but I can't get it to upload.

Sometimes, when no one is looking, we let a bit of our true self out. Do you want to know what is truly hidden in your heart? Spend some time alone with yourself. When you think no one sees or will find out, do you do the right thing? Or when given an opportunity, do you lie and cheat like nobody's business?

Do you laugh and have joy? I admire those who can laugh out loud heartily when no one is listening. Michael is this way. I smile big and sometimes emit a silent laugh. But I don't usually erupt in spontaneous outbursts of snorts and chuckles when I'm alone.

Are you critical? Do you think ill of others harshly judging their actions? Or do you try to look at the positive, see potential and promise in another individual?

I know I have a lot to work on in my own life. But in spite of the challenges in life, I'm going to try to spend more time laughing out loud, thinking about all that is good, and spend time seeing potential and possibilities in others. Who knows, quite possibly they have hidden talents we never knew were there.

(Since I couldn't get the video to upload, I used my camera to capture a couple of clips. Enjoy.)





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL its not like i just did it cuz i was bored. it was funny and i wanted to share it with everyone else to make them laugh haha cuz i laughed at myself

Unknown said...

Lol I just watched this and laughed out loud and yes ..I'm by myself

Lori said...

Too cute! I too laughed out loud, but I'm not by myself. I'm NEVER by myself, LOL!

Truth said...

Hilary, thank-you for entertaining us. I know you did it for laughs, you were only staying true to your name. You provide our family with plenty of joy and hilarity to which we are grateful. We love you!

Lauren said...

nice moves hilary! good food for thought joanne :)

Jenni said...

Man, I wish I could move like that. Ah, youth!

I think most people never let themselves just be alone with their thoughts anymore; it has to be a constant barrage of noise and activity, lest we come face to face with who we really are!

Mother Mayhem said...

I get in bed and pull the covers up over my head. ;o)