Friday, September 11, 2009

Fun, Fabulous, Friday or Silly Saturday

Yesterday I wasn't terribly motivated. Even though it was a short week, I was tired. Plus 9/11 seems to be a somewhat sad day. So what did I do? Spent my time being silly.

Thursday night Hilary informed me that Friday was the last day to turn in a baby photo for her senior yearbook. Nice. I like to have time to find the right photo and think of a meaningful dedication to write. I don't like being crunched for time. I wasn't given a choice. It had to be done.

I did have fun rummaging through photos. Too bad I can't submit this to the yearbook.


Musical Photo-Yes, that is a blow up guitar. But boy can she rock.

I didn't make dinner last night either. Nobody was here. Dee called. (That's my daughter-in-law's mom.) She asked if we wanted to go out for dinner. Woohoo! I knew there was a reason I didn't cook anything.


And then I don't know what came over me. I wondered if I could still do the splits. I kicked my leg out and down I went. And I could almost got there. Halfway down I hear a loud pop in my hip.


Elisabeth snapped this before I fell over in pain.

Today it doesn't feel so great. I'm off to the chiropractor to see if he can pop it back. What was I thinking? I couldn't do the splits as a teenager...why did I think I could do them now???

3 comments:

His Girl said...

I am SO impressed by those splits!

sorry it means a trip to the chiro, but STILL SO IMPRESSIVE!

Kristin said...

Oh, Joanne -- you look so proud of those splits! I'm sure I couldn't come anywhere near that close (and I could do them as a young person.) I'm sorry you got injured, though. Next time -- STRETCH first! :)

Mother Mayhem said...

I admire your determination. LOL