Saturday, September 05, 2009

Never Again

I'm never cutting my hair again. Ever. I mean, I'm never letting someone else cut my hair again. Ever.

The fault apparently doesn't lie in the hairdresser but in the person who tells the stylist how she wants her hair cut. I went to a new hairstylist who cut my hair EXACTLY the same as the last gal-terribly uneven, I-hate-the-way-it-won't-lay-in cut. Only the layers are a full 2-3 inches shorter.

I'm afraid if I let someone else cut my hair, I will soon be bald. I like having hair. I don't get it. I showed her a picture of my favorite cut. A photo of myself, my hair-I know it is possible. This is not it.

Sigh.

And why does the hairdresser think she knows my hair better than I do? I really do want at least 3 different colors in it. I NEED that many to make it work. But she always think I'm a bit dramatic or haven't used the wonderful color products she has that can do the trick without the extra work mixing, etc. And then she is always surprised when she doesn't get the right result the first time and then has to fix it. And it still isn't the same as if she'd done what I asked.

I know I told her my hair had been badly cut and I merely wanted the tiniest trim to just even it a bit. When I saw 2 & 3 inch pieces flying, I questioned her. She said she was just making it even. I forgot to mention I didn't want short layers that were even with my bangs. I want my bangs to feel special and unique, having their own personal length.

Sigh.

I'll try not to post about my hair again.

3 comments:

Heth said...

Soooo frustrating. But you always look adorable, at least in every pic I've seen.

His Girl said...

I'm sorry, bad hair is tragic and demands to be blogged. I hope your hair recovers soon :)

Jenni said...

I agree that bad haircuts demand bloggage. I'm sorry yours is so dismal right now (even if you're the only one who thinks so). I hope it grows fast!