Thursday, September 03, 2009

Weird

I was on my way out the door, and as usual, I glanced in the mirror. Something didn't look quite right. I ran a brush through my hair, sprayed and fluffed it, then looked again. Hmmm...somehow I looked, well...different. I was having a good hair day. Finally.

Maybe my bangs were a tad long, making my eyes look dull. Or I am just tired from waking up so early. Oh well, no time to dwell on it. I had errands to run, appointments to make.

After returning home, I caught sight of myself in the mirror again. That's weird. I still looked off. My eyeliner seemed smudged and worn off. But that happens towards the end of every day. It must be that one of the bulbs is out in the bathroom. I need to run up to Home Depot and get a new one. There special, fancy bulbs that are too expensive to keep on hand. So I buy them as they go out.

And for some reason, standing in the bathroom, it hit me. I'd only applied mascara to one eye this morning. No wonder I looked weird.

(To many, you may wonder what the big deal is. You have probably never seen me without makeup. LOL. Seriously. And to walk around looking goofy with makeup on one eye and not the other truly looks wacky.)

6 comments:

Kate said...

That sounds like something I would do!

Okay, I admit it, it's something I've DONE, but I only put eyeliner on one eye. Talk about strange. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that cracked me up! I wonder how many people actually noticd. Most folks don't really pay attention to anyone but themselves. You are probably safe! :)

Mylinda said...

I have very, very light eyelashes and it would definitely look weird if I had mascara on only one eye, too! I can see me doing this same thing early one morning!!! I'll have to try not to get distracted by little ones. lol

Kathleen said...

Your blog made me laugh. I just went for a perm yesterday and during the process I lost my eyebrows so walked out with wonderful hair but no eyebrows. As you know by eyebrows are totally blond and invisible.

Truth said...

Glad I'm not the only who has walked around missing eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.

Yep, my eyelashes and eyebrows are very light too. But I occasionally color my brows. They show up much better that way.

Mom, glad you at least had wonderful hair.

His Girl said...

cracking up... love these little stories to remind me that we all suffer from being 'overly human' from time to time ;)