Sunday, September 27, 2009

Texting

Sometimes I hate text messages. Especially when I send a message to the wrong person. It can be very embarrassing. But not as bad as telling one person something about another individual and then inadvertantly clicking on that person's name and they receive the message. (I know someone who does this more often than she'd like anyone to know.)

I sent a text on Saturday night. Hilary went to Homecoming and the rest of us had nothing to do. At the last minute, we decided to go out. I thought I'd text message some friends to see if they wanted to join us.

When I didn't hear back, I checked my phone to make sure it sent. It sure did. But I accidently sent it to the wrong person. Both people names began with D. So I went ahead and sent it to the intended recipient. I had no idea who, if anyone, might show up. Nobody did. No one responded to my message.

Much later, like 4 hours, I did get two messages back. One said, "Just got your message, thx for the invite, maybe next time."

The other one:

"I'm sorry, but who is this?" Yikes! And that was who the message was intended for. Good old fashioned communication via a phone call would have made this so much simpler.

4 comments:

Heth said...

Oh my gosh! That is a riot! It's almost better that no one showed up huh?

Mother Mayhem said...

TeeHee. :o)

gretchen from lifenut said...

Oops! That'll teach you to play with modern technology.

My husband's brother mistakenly sent a very, uh, romantic shall we say, text to him one day. He thought he sent it to his wife. They had just been married a few weeks earlier, so you can imagine...

We laughed until exhaustion.

gretchen from lifenut said...

Oops! That'll teach you to play with modern technology.

My husband's brother mistakenly sent a very, uh, romantic shall we say, text to him one day. He thought he sent it to his wife. They had just been married a few weeks earlier, so you can imagine...

We laughed until exhaustion.