Friday, October 30, 2009

How Bad Was It?

The first morning back, after two snow days, I received a text message 45 minutes after Hilary left for school:

"I barely made it. Scariest and worst drive ever in my life."

Not really what I wanted to hear.

Well, except for the part that she made it, and is alive to tell about it. A little later, another text.

"Oh yeah, and my door blew open on the freeway cuz it was frozen so it wasn't latched completely. I almost died."

Holy cow! I'm so glad she didn't die. But she may have been traumatized for life. Feeling a little guilty now. The night before she asked if someone would drive her to school because she was afraid to drive in the snow. We assured her that we had complete and total confidence in her driving abilities.

Maybe next time, one of her parental units will drive her. I don't want to receive another text telling me she nearly died.

3 comments:

gretchen from lifenut said...

Yikes! I'm glad she's okay.

When I drove the kids to school this morning, I was muttering bad things at Jeffco for daring to open. It was treacherous out there.

Of course, by this afternoon the streets were dry and the snow is almost melted.

Susan Berlien said...

Holy cow! Cars are so dang dangerous...there's got to be a better method of transportation!

Mother Mayhem said...

Another reason to ALWAYS wear your seatbelt! EEK!