Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Big Cover-Up

Saturday morning, while preparing to have 30 people for dinner, my bathroom sink spontaneously imploded. Ok, maybe I helped it a little. My usual hand washing includes a quick squirt of liquid soap, obtained one-handed. But seeing as how I was preparing food for a multitude, I wanted to get a good lathering. I placed one hand beneath the spout and tapped the soap dispenser pump with the other. How did I know this action would cause a portion of the sink to give way?

I was a little shocked and not sure what to do. I didn't have time to deal with it. I had seven extra people staying at my house and with the dinner in a few hours we needed to have this bathroom functioning at full capacity.

I wonder how many of my guests thought they'd help me tidy up by moving the strategically placed washcloth off the sink.

I'm guessing one or two overnight guests might have grabbed this cloth before jumping into the shower, only to discover this:


But it didn't faze me one bit. I pretended it never happened and we went on to have a fabulous weekend.

Now to deal with the sink...anyone have superglue?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, my! Yikes!

Kristin said...

Wow, not sure how you can repair that, but I hope so -- if not, those kind of sinks aren't too expensive.