Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Trivia

Copying from Lifenut & One Thing:

1. Best childhood gift from Santa: Well, it would have to be my doll and stroller. I'm not sure why I thought they were from Santa when somehow I knew my mom had made my doll.

2. Best childhood memories: One year, we kids awoke around 4 a.m. We were sure we heard Santa outside. We snuck to the top of the stairs to have a peek. The door opened and in walked my dad. He was working a night shift and had just arrived home. We wanted to get up and open presents, but he told us to go back to bed. A few minutes later, my mom was up and my dad told us we could get up and have Christmas. I wonder if my dad got any sleep that day:?

3. Favorite Christmas cookies: Gosh, I don't think I have a favorite. Is that weird?

4. Icky Christmas memory: The year my kids had chicken pox.

5. It's not Christmas without: snow. I've come to love and adore Colorado for the variety of weather. Snow is a favorite of mine. The beauty of the white is, well cleansing.

6. Our Church Service: I really miss midnight services. Last year, we went to a midnight service at the church Christopher and Lauren were wed. It was very nostalgic for me. Our church services are at 4 & 6 p.m.

7. Christmas Pet Peeve: Oye! That I procrastinate and always get things done at the last minute?

8. Favorite Christmas CD: Oh my, just one? I own over 30 of them. I suppose it would have to be Tricia Yearwood.

9. Real or Fake: We had real forever. Well, until that year, 2006 when we went to Arizona for Christopher's graduation. When we returned, there wasn't a one left. We resorted to a fake tree from our local Walmart. And the past 3 years I've felt obligated to get our money's worth.

10. I spend Christmas Eve : Celebrating Michael's birthday. I then becoming a gift-wrapping maniac for however many hours it takes to wrap. When I'm finished, I fill stockings and hop into bed for a couple of hours before it is time to get up and put the breakfast casserole into the oven.


Anyone want to do their Top Ten Christmas Trivia?

2 comments:

Mylinda said...

Sure! I will! (Yes, I'm still alive! lol Just been on Facebook too much!!)

gretchen from lifenut said...

Yay! Thanks for playing along.

Eww about chicken pox on Christmas Eve!