Saturday, December 05, 2009

To Snip Or Not To Snip

What do you do with those satin ribbons that are sewn into a shirt or dress to keep it on the hanger?



I usually snip. When I don't, the pesky things have a way of peeking out of my clothing, secretly desiring to be a waving flag. (Does anyone remember when bra straps were not attached? You know, the part that adjusts was free at the end. No matter how well you tucked it in, somehow it would work its way loose and flap in the wind.) Come on, doesn't anyone remember the embarrassing moment when your strap snuck loose and was tugged by someone to let you know it was showing? Back then, nobody let their bra strap show, especially not the flappy end.

But I digress. Maybe it is those horrific memories that cause me to snip. This one time, I decided to not snip. I was afraid I'd have trouble keeping this wide neckline shirt on its hanger. So I pulled the shirt over my head, and tried to find a secret place to tuck in the ribbon hangy thing. One side was successful. But the other side...well, something seemed wrong. Had I somehow managed to put my arm through the loop, getting it stuck beneath my arm? I pulled my shirt off.



Seriously? Can you see the problem? Looks like someone was trying to help me out by tacking it down for me.


I snipped.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I totally snip those things. Annoying little buggers!

gretchen from lifenut said...

I'm a snipper, too! I can't stand those loops.

Unknown said...

Joanne,
I'm not a snipper, but I get this. Larry