Friday, December 04, 2009

Record Breaking

I broke a personal record the other day. I only wish it was running faster, farther, longer...something I could brag about. But this wasn't a fitness or strength training. It was a driving record.

No, no, no, I didn't get a ticket or anything. I'm not about to break THAT record. You see, I drive a convertible (in case there is anyone out there who didn't know that.) Why own one, if you can't drive with the top down every chance possible? So that is what I do. The only time you'll see the top up is under these conditions:

1. It is raining (that's an obvious one.)
2. It is snowing (ditto.)
3. If the temperature dips below 38 degrees. Seriously, as long as it is sunny outside and at least 38 degrees, the top is down and I enjoy it. (Thirty-eight at night...a little too chilly.)

So the other night, I was out. Imagine my surprise when I checked the temperature on my dashboard.

Yep! Thirty-five degrees and the sun was not shining at 7:03 p.m. I think this should count as an endurance record or something.

I love driving my car.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Ok, that made me shiver!