Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fifty Pieces Of The Puzzle

This is number two of fifty. Explanation of this series here.

Today, I'd like to send this one out to my Mom.

Mom, Sometimes I can't believe how creative, talented, and gifted you are.  You take time to cultivate your gifts.  You work hard to learn new things, and are ever expanding your world.  I often think, "surely I must have more creative talents that I have yet to tap into, afterall, my mom has so many."

You inspire me to be adventurous, to try new things and to take on new challenges.

Your generosity to your grandchildren and great-grandchildren is overwhelming.  You have invested in them and given them not only the blessing of tangible gifts but so much more.  You draw out their uniqueness and encourage them in their creative endeavors.  I hope I can be this kind of grandma too.

I am thankful for your honesty.  You aren't afraid to speak the truth or to give an honest opinion.  I'm glad you don't pretend everything is always wonderful.  At the same time,  you also don't let things get you down and discouraged, but keep going no matter what.  Your work ethic is huge.

I love you mom!  Thank-you for the past 50 years of your love and care.

P.S.  I can't believe all of the adventures you took us on as kids, to the Apache Tear Mine, Indian Ruins, Picking Strawberries...the list is long.

1 comment: