Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fifty Pieces Of The Puzzle

This is number five of fifty. Explanation of this series here. This goes out to my son's father-in-law.

To Rick: the life of the party.  Haha, maybe why my son Christopher likes you so much?
 Seriously though, one of my first impressions of you was a man of integrity.  This came from Christopher.  Way-back-when, we were talking and he was telling me how much respect he had for you and how impressed he was.   I think his words were, "Mom, he is like the most godly man I've ever met.  He lives his faith."  You had just given him the book by John Ethridge, "Wild At Heart." At that time, I hoped that this godly man would become my son's father-in-law.  When it actually happened, I thanked God for you.

I love that you aren't afraid to talk to anyone or invite invite them into your home.  You listen when others talk and let them know you care about what they are saying and where they are in life. You are accepting and welcoming of everyone.  No wonder so many love coming to your home or going out with you.  You are a true friend to so many.  Of course it doesn't hurt that you also enjoy having fun.

Thanks Rick for walking in the gifts that God has given you.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Joanne, this series continues to be great! Thanks for this message :)