Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25th, 2012

 Today is Sarabeth's 23rd birthday.


Sarabeth, you'll always be my Velcro Baby.  Since day one, you challenged me,
You brought me to my knees often.  God created and gifted you unlike any of your siblings. In spite of well-intentioned people who offered parenting advice,  I knew in order to guide and direct you in your unique talents I absolutely needed God's direction and creative wisdom and guidance.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.


When you were in school, I'd make your favorite breakfast and you'd comment  it was your best day ever.  But if your day started off badly, I knew it was going to be a long, hard day.


I loved the year  you were in second grade and you transformed your overalls into Adventure Pants.  Any day you wore those overalls was a guaranteed good day.

You've always marched to the beat of your own drum and were never afraid to stand out from the crowd.  I smiled every morning of your senior year as I packed your gold, vinyl lunch box with a lovely lunch, while packing your sister Hilary's in a brown paper sack.

I love your strength, perserverance, and enthusiasm as you walk through this life.

 I love you.

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gee, she sounds like you as a kid!

Kathleen said...

Yep, I am certain of it!---Mom

Melany said...

:) Happy birthday to her!