Friday, November 16, 2012

The Good And Bad

Today is a GOOD day.  My oral surgeon predicted I'd hate him for at least 48 hours, but I don't.  Here is a rundown of the good and bad of the past 10 days.  (Warning:  Some of this might be TMI, so feel free to stop here if that idea bothers you.)

Tuesday last week:  Had a sonohysterogram
Bad:  It was Painful
Good:  My uterus looked normal
Normal is good.

Wednesday Evening:  I had my hair professionally cut & colored
Bad:  I nodded off in the chair, twice.
What is wrong with me?  Realized afterwards, that I was running a fever.
Good:  I changed the color and cut.  Michael loved it!  I love to change things up.

Tuesday of this week:I finally went to the doctor for the fever.
Bad:  She thinks I have a uterine infection and UTI thanks to the sonohysterogram I had
Good:  She gave me antibiotics, which I'm hoping help what feels like a sinus infection.
Bad:  The antibiotics caused me nausea and vomiting.
Good: Even though the bottle said to take an hour before or two hours after eating, the nurse said to go ahead and take with food.  This worked.

Thursday:  Had a bone dental bone graft performed
Bad:  I wasn't allowed to wear eye makeup or nail polish for the procedure.  I don't go anywhere without makeup.
Good:  I didn't have to wash my face before I went to bed last night.  I wasn't allowed to brush my teeth either.
Bad:  I don't remember anything.  I don't remember leaving the oral surgeons wearing a sock-like ice pack around my head. 
Good:  I don't remember anything.  It's a good thing I don't remember walking out in public with a sock-like ice pack wrapped around my head.  (I can't believe Michael didn't snap a picture.  Can you just imagine, me without makeup, wearing an sock ice pack, walking to the car???)

I truly don't remember a thing about the procedure.
Bad:  I wasn't a good patient.  I didn't keep gauze in my mouth.  I didn't keep wearing the ice sock. I wasn't supposed to rinse my mouth, but was told that was the first thing I did upon arriving home.
Good: I woke up at 3:00p.m. in Michael's recliner, to find my mother-in-law wrapping me in her soft blanket.

I had to eat, as I didn't want to get sick like I did the previous day when I took meds.
Bad:  I had to eat soft food.
Good:  I didn't have to cook.  Are M&M's soft food?  I had to eat them.  Elisabeth bought them for me.

I probably shouldn't try to post while under the influence of pain killers. I hope to be back to myself shortly.



Truthfully,
Joanne

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things"



2 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Good: The soft food was the best mashed potatoes ever!

I am hoping you are feeling better.
Big (((HUGS)))

Truth said...

Tammy,
Good: Having the best friends ever! Thanks for making me smile.