Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Elisabeth


Elisabeth, even though I don't really have  my blog up and running where I want it to be, I had to take this day to celebrate you.  When I see this smile, I remember the little girl who never met a stranger.  In the grocery store, you'd greet people as they passed, melting the hearts of many.  On more than one occasion I watched grumpy faces brighten as you happily chatted with them. You seemed to know instinctively who needed cheering up.


You are fearless!  Remember when you were the only one of your siblings willing to pose for a picture holding the first fish you caught?

You are thoughtful of others, recognizing when they need encouragement.  Even though you have a tender heart for others, you aren't afraid to speak up to make right a wrong. 


All these years later, you regularly brighten my day.  You are such a joy.  I can always count on you to send a text just to say I love you or ask how my day is going. 
I never realized how much fun it would be to have grown up daughters, but it is wonderful.  Thanks for the many hours spent hanging out together, talking, listening, laughing, and loving each other.  Happy Birthday Elisabeth. I love you.


Truthfully,
Joanne

 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones. (Proverbs 16:23)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet mom, I love you so much :) I'm so glad you can be my mom and my friend :)

Elisabeth said...

Whoops that's from me-Elisabeth