Friday, February 08, 2013

Thank-You

Have you ever had a sense that someone was praying for you?  Unsolicited, undeserved intercession by a friend, loved one, or even an acquaintance for the sole purpose of seeking the Lord on your behalf. That person may not have any idea what you are going through at this moment in life, but prompted by God, chose to spend a few moments of time petitioning our Heavenly Father for your good.

Last night, I experienced an assurance (by the Holy Spirit) that someone had indeed been praying for me.  For that, I thank-you.  You gave me incredible hope, comfort, peace, and renewed inspiration.  Of course, my first thanks has to go to the Lord who inspired you to do this.  That's how awesome God is, that His thoughts were towards me and He allowed you to be part of His encouragement.

How often has He brought someone to my mind, wanting me to pray?  What about you?

How often are these promptings wasted because instead of interceding for that person I've chosen to simply have pleasant thoughts about them, or worse: negative thoughts or recalled an unkind word they've spoken?

" ...Do you not realize that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance" (Romans 2:4)

I don't know who prayed for me last night, but again, thank-you. I choose kindness.

Truthfully,
Joanne

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." (Phil. 4:8)

No comments: