Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Three Things I Learned

I learned a few things the first week at my new job.  In random order:

1.  When traveling, DO NOT put hair products and face products in the same type of container when they are both white.

The first day on the new job went well, but I noticed my hair seemed very dry.  Like me, my hair is very sensitive to change of environment.  Consequently, the second day I decided to take out my deep hair conditioner in an attempt to rectify the dry hair dilemna. When I scooped out a gob and rubbed it into my hair, I noticed it felt different.  I figured that I had left it in my travel bag too long and it evidently dried out a bit.  When I noticed it didn't spread very well throughout my hair, I applied my regular conditioner as well.  This isn't uncommon, as I do have dry hair.

After my shower, I attempted to blow dry my hair, but it didn't seem to dry.  When I finally finished, I realized that my hair was dry, just extremely oily.  I looked back at the container. I realized I had just used half a jar of greasy face cream used to remove makeup to condition my hair.  It was too late to rewash it.  I spent the day looking as if I hadn't bathed in a week.

2.  Some people don't care if your hair looks dirty.

3.  Bringing gifts to the people you work with is very rewarding.

These are the people I worked with:

Neither one seemed to care whether or not I had greasy hair. 

I brought Ethan a guitar. He had indicated he wanted one.  He goes to music therapy twice a week for a total of 2 1/2 hours.  Before I even had a chance to tune the guitar, Ethan began playing it. 

The next day, Ethan had the day off of school, so I had promised him I would tune his guitar (even though he had already broken a string.)  After I fulfilled my promise, Ethan made me and Josiah sit on the couch.  He began strumming and singing his heart out.  After his first song, he folded his hands and began to pray.  He then gestured for me to stand up, and he began singing again.  He paraded across his pretend stage, singing and strumming. He paused, then bowed his head and loudly began praying. I finally asked him, "Ethan, do you want to be a worship leader at church?"  He immediately responded, "uh huh!" nodding his head up and down.

I wish I had his "performance" on video. It made me cry.  I had a great first week on the job.

Truthfully,
Joanne

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Mt. 19"14)

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

This makes me want to cry... Ethan is the best

~Tammy~ said...

LOVE!!!