Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day 3 Atlanta

My morning began with giving Aspen a bath in the kitchen sink. Sink baths are kind of my signature thing. I haven't had a grandbaby yet who didn't like a sink bath. It was a success. This girl is so happy.

The two of us then ventured out with my new Iphone 7 and Siri to find the local Kroger Grocery store. I wanted to buy some groceries so I could make dinner. I wanted to buy some snacks that Aspen can eat while she is at daycare. What could go wrong?

The roads around Atlanta are scenic, but winding. As I'm driving it feels like I have gone every single direction and I no longer have any idea which direction I'm going or which direction I should be going. I glance down and the map says I will arrive at my destination in an hour. No I do NOT want to go to South Carolina. I am in Atlanta. Aspen started to cry. I had no idea where the nearest Kroger was, which is where I asked Siri to take me. Siri failed me. I wanted to cry along with Aspen, but couldn't because I was driving. I remembered passing a Publix. I knew they wouldn't have everything I wanted but I was stopping anyway. I think I might have entered the exit.

Aspen was happy in the store. Everyone was very helpful and happy. One of the employees came up to our cart and clipped a balloon on for Aspen. Um, not sure that is a good toy for a baby, but it entertained her for a bit, so I let it go.

Thankfully, the drive home was uneventful and we arrived at the parking garage without getting lost or being directed towards South Carolina. At the third level, I stopped for the gate to open. It did not open. I pushed the FOB button. Nothing. I put the car in park, turned the car off, got out of the car, and attempted to open the gate. Nope. Not working. Frustrated, I back up, and find a parking spot just outside of the gate. Fine. There are signs about getting towed for parking in the wrong spot. What else can I do???

I get the stroller out. I get Aspen and the carseat out and snap it in the stroller. I load the groceries onto the stroller and load the rest on my arms. I go to the nearest door. Once inside, I feel a little dumb. There is a landing and stairs going up or down. I can NOT drag the stroller up the stairs, or down.

I walk back to the car, remove Aspen and the car seat, fold the stroller and put it back in the car along with the groceries, except two bags of freezer stuff and the car seat. I pick up Aspen, (why didn't I just leave the car seat in the car???) and the freezer food and drag us all up the stairs. Once upstairs and inside the building, I realize I went up a flight of stairs when I should have gone down.  I look for the elevator, but suddenly, my arms feel weak and I'm not sure I can carry all of this stuff to the apartment. I set it all down for a minute. Pray another quick prayer. Then I carry everything down a flight of stairs and make my way to the apartment.

I'm exhausted. I put the food away while holding Aspen and realize I left the dogs out. I had no idea that I also left the bath toys where the dogs could chew them up. Oh man, I need to figure out how to replace the cute bath toys. Mr. Bear and Mrs. Duck are in bad shape. They are a set that came with an Eric Carle book.

Since Aspen was asleep at lunch time, her mom had to pump. I tried to feed her but Aspen was having none of the bottle of milk. She did however really enjoy eating dog food out of the dog's bowl. I'm wondering how helpful I am. I feel like I take one step forward and two back. If my rental car gets towed, this is not going to be a fun day.

I go back to the car to retrieve the rest of the food. I watch a lady attempt to open the gate with no luck. She swears and threatens that if her car gets towed, someone else is going to pay. I don't feel so bad now. It's not just me. I pray my car doesn't get towed.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner. Miss Aspen was as cute as ever. She's eating new foods and seems to be enjoying them-dog food not included.

Truthfully,
Joanne

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." (Ps. 56:3)

No comments: