Sunday, March 02, 2008

Update

For those who asked, no I wasn't in the hospital. I went for a CT scan (those pesky sinus infections) and I was required to wear an I.D. bracelet. Did they think I'd forget my name, or have a medical emergency while having the scan and they needed to know I was allergic to morphine? I kept forgetting to cut it off and actually wore it until the next day. Like I said, they are comfy.

Michael drank coffee every day for an entire week. Then just as quickly as he began, he gave it up. Diet Pepsi is once again his morning beverage.

Last Saturday, we went out to dinner to celebrate Elisabeth's 21st birthday. I wanted to look nice and was digging through my jewelry box trying to find a pair of dangly earrings. (Somehow I thought they might make me look NOT like the mom of a 21year old. Forget the fact that Christina will be 27 in April.)

Sitting innocently, amongst my costume jewelry, were 2 earrings linked together. The rubies and diamonds glistened as lovely as ever. I scooped them up and hugged them tightly to my chest. Once they were lost, now they were found. (I was feeling foolish for the tears I'd cried.) Quickly, I adorned my ear lobes with these fine ornaments and joined my family in the car. I waited to share my find for later, as I didn't want to take anything away from El's birthday celebration. Afterall, 21 is the last big growing up birthday. The milestones after that are at ages 40, 50, etc. and the excitement just isn't the same.

6 comments:

His Girl said...

So glad you found your jewels!!!

Happy, Happy growing up children. Ugh. thanks for letting me know the teens are survivable :)

Heth said...

I'm glad you found them! And I'm glad you weren't in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth. And I'm very happy you were not in the hospital.

Finding your earings is super awesome!!! Can you come here and help me find Anthony's 6 week old glasses that have been lost for 3 weeks????? Pretty please!!!

Dot

Jenni said...

Oh, I dunno...I'm turning 40 this year and I'm freakin' excited about it! LOL...

I'm SO glad you found your earrings!

Ann said...

That's great that you found your earrings and a huge relief that it was only a sinus infection.

You know, I wanted to thank you so much for that really nice comment on my blog. It brightened up my day so much. It would be so wonderful to meet you! But like you said, if not here then in Heaven! :)

Kristin said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found those!! A gift for you!