Thursday, April 03, 2008


It's been one month since I posted that I had a secret. Last night, I could hardly sleep. That secret danced in my head and my eyes kept popping open. I wanted to shout Hallelujahs and woohoos to anyone who would listen. But it was late, so I waited until this morning.


Lingering visions of tears of joy streaming down Hilary's face as she phoned David to tell him the news. Huddled around my cell phone last night, while it was switched to speaker phone, Sarabeth, Hilary, and I tried to listen to the details. Some of them were missed, as it was hard to contain our whoops of joy and enthusiasm. Pictures, people, I need pictures (so I can share them with all of you.)


Christopher proposed to Lauren last night. There is going to be a wedding! I will have my one & only daughter-in-law. The excitement in the air is unreal. The girls were making declarations of whom they alone were privileged to tell the news too. As you know, I've been dying to share with you all, my blogging buddies.


14 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Your DIL will know she is your "favorite" DIL... I tease my son-in-law all the time about being my favorite SIL. (I have the potential to have 6 DIL's!) He says being my ONLY one- he could also be my least favorite.

Happy, wonderful congratulations to you and your family.

Jenni said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Can't believe you kept such good news under your hat for so long! Good job!

Congratulations to EVERYBODY!

Heth said...

WHEEEEE!

That is a FANTASTIC secret. What a fun time for your family, enjoy every minute!

Amber said...

I have lurked here a few times from One Thing, and I was in suspense about the secret. I actually just cried to read that news. I have three little boys, and I pray for the daughters their wives will be to me. How lovely to finally know your daughter.

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!!

I was JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR SECRET YESTERDAY, wondering what it was and thinking that maybe this would be it, but I had no idea if Christopher had a girlfriend, and I thought he posted some comment under your post about having a secret, so that probably wasn't it. Guess I was wrong!

So, when will the wedding be? How did he propose? Yes, WE WANT DETAILS!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congratulations to your whole family!

A wedding! What a blessed, wonderful, happy time. Your future DIL is lucky to have you for a MIL!

Ann said...

HOOOOORAYYYYY! Oh I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations Christopher and Lauren!

I think it's beautiful that you are so happy to have Lauren for your daughter in law :) She's blessed to be in your family!

Julia Bate said...

Joanne, what wonderful news! Lauren is such a sweet young woman and Christopher such a thoughtful young man. I think they'll make a terrific couple. And what a loving example you and Mike have set for them. I'm thrilled for everyone! With love,
Julee

Mylinda said...

Gosh, all the good stuff to say has been taken!! Shucks! But, I have to say it anyway! Congratulations to you all!! How much fun you're going to have!! Your DIL is lucky to have you! :-)
Best Wishes to them for a wonderful and happy life! And, I must say you have wonderful self control to be able to keep such an exciting secret!! lol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You must be so excited!!!!

Truth said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet and encouraging words! We are soooo exxcited. (See?)

Melanie, when I posted the secret, Christopher was pretty sure that is what it was. He was afraid Lauren might figure it out, so that is why I think he commented what he did, lol. I'm working on the details.

Kristin said...

Oh, Congratulations! Wow -- my oldest (a boy) is 20.) Before I know it, we will be entering the in-law world, too (no prospects yet, though.) I wish I had a mother-in-law like you!!

Anne Coleman said...

Congratulations, Joanne!

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!! What a fun way to add another member to the family. Wishing the happy couple all the best in the world!