Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Last Saturday I was supposed to fly to North Carolina with my mom-in-law to visit her oldest daughter. MaryAnn's husband had phoned late one night after she'd gone to bed. His wife was to receive a prestigious award at church. What a sweet man to invite her mother to come be a part of this event. MaryAnn would be surprised and I'd get to be there all of the fun.

Instead, I learned what Atrial Fibrillation is. No, not personally, my via mom-in-law. We had to cancel the trip.


A funny thing happened though. On Thursday my mother-in-law called to thank us for the beautiful fruit arrangement they'd received. Only we didn't. She said but they'd received a card and it had all of our names on it, even our soon to be daughter-in-law and Christina and Ethan.


What a fun idea! Send gifts bearing the name of someone else.


We received another call. A mistake had been made. With all of those names on the card, she'd just assumed Michael and I were on it. We weren't. My kids had gotten together and sent it just to brighten her day. And they hadn't even mentioned it to me.


I do like the idea of sending gifts under an assumed name.

7 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, that fruit basket looks delicious - I would love to get one of those!!

I hope you have a good evening - see you soon - Kellan

Kristin said...

Oh, I would LOVE that basket! Very cool gift idea.

Kristin said...

Oh, I would LOVE that basket! Very cool gift idea.

mommy to six J's said...

That is so cute have a great weekend Char

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea!

PJ said...

I read this at school, but couldn't comment (our filter doesn't allow comments). I've been praying for your MIL. I LOVE edible arrangements!! And...the idea of a gift in someone else's name is fun!!

PJ said...

I read this at school, but couldn't comment (our filter doesn't allow comments). I've been praying for your MIL. I LOVE edible arrangements!! And...the idea of a gift in someone else's name is fun!!