Monday, July 07, 2008

Ethan's EEG Results

Ethan had his neuro appointment. Christina liked the new nurse practioner. No seizures were seen on his EEG, but it did show abnormal brain activity. This was interpreted as: the medication is keeping the seizures in check, otherwise he'd be having lots of seizures throughout the day. Good news? Bad news? I'm taking it as good news.


One of the reasons for the latest EEG, besides that he was due for one, is his OT wanted the information. She is excited about a new therapy she recently learned about at a conference. She feels Ethan is a perfect candidate. She has used this new technique with him twice, with amazing results. But in order to take it further, it was imperative to know whether or not he was having seizures. Hopefully, the latest results will not hinder him from receiving this promising therapy.


We had a rather quiet 4th of July. My inlaws were here for dinner, as were Christina & Ethan. Just 6 of us. Oh so quiet. Ok, quiet is not really the right descriptive word, as Ethan can be oh so busy. Independance Day is a day for celebrating. We have much to be thankful for in this country. Fireworks, Family, Fun, Food. Sounds Fabulous to me.

Here are a few photos taken after Sarabeth arrived home from work.









Ethan loved the sparklers. This was the first year he really got into fireworks. He clapped, cheered, & kept signing please for some more. If I'd had any idea, I'd have bought more. Next year I will. And maybe, more than 2 of my kids will show up.

10 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I love the new picture in the header- perfect for the 4th!

I am glad the EEG was a positive report!

Anonymous said...

So thankful his medicine is working and protecting him from seizures! I have high hopes for this new therapy :)

Kristin said...

That is great about the seizures under control. I hope he gets the best therapy. Cute photos of the sparklers!

Anonymous said...

What great news about the seizures!!! I hope everything works out for the therapy!!!

Anthony had a grand mal this morning, so I am not too sure what we are going to do with his meds.

His Girl said...

I am glad that E's not having seizures, but I hope that he'll still be able to get the cool therapy!

Anonymous said...

Definitely good news! :o)

Sweetums was afraid of fireworks until last year. No way she'd hold a sparkler! LOL

Jenni said...

Great photos, including the header! You have such a beautiful family. I'm so glad to hear that the EEG seemed to show the meds working, and I pray the new therapy keeps him progressing and thriving!

Lori said...

We had a bonfire and let the kids do some sparklers also. A very quiet 4th of July here which was welcomed.

Lori said...

Oh, and I absolutely love your new header!

PJ said...

Looks like fun on the 4th. My granddaughters are still afraid of the sparks from sparklers, but they like the big displays from afar!

We spent the 4th alone...we had the kids and their kids a couple of days before. but something about that day cries for ALL the kids to be there!!!

Sounds like good news for E. You know that he does have a seizure disorder, but it's under control with meds. I wouldn't think that would prevent treatment. Keep us posted.