Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Music To My Ears

You have no idea how excited I get when I hear the 'T' sound. Ethan's latest love is trucks. We'd be driving along and he would begin making noises and pointing. Each time I turned, I didn't see anything. The problem was, I just looked past the big semi-rigs. I had no idea that these large machines fascinated him so.

His mom noticed. So she set out on teaching him how to communicate this. I don't know how she did it, but she taught him to say 'Tttttt.' So now when I hear the 'T' I look with enthusiasm to see what he is referring to. And I try to reinforce the 't'ruck when I see it. The only problem is he also likes Trains, Tractors, & Transformers and has found the 't' sound works for all of those.

But it brings such great pleasure hearing him 't', 't' 't'ing. He is communicating.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh YEA for Ethan's new skill!!! That is so very exciting and I am smiling & rejoicing with you in his newfound verbalization. Tttt is fantastic!

WTG Ethan!

Melanie said...

WTG, Ethan! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! This is AWESOME! :o)

His Girl said...

tremendous! celebrating with you!

PJ said...

All Right!! Way to Go, Ethan!