Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What We Did Last Night


It must have been the very cold temperatures. I was on the computer when our electricity went out-4 times. Thankfully, the last shut off was only for an hour. Hilary worked on her homework by candlelight. (After the accident, I thought she deserved a break, but she needed to study for finals.)

I cozied up in front of the fireplace. What else was there to do? In the eery quiet, I sat waiting to hear that Sarabeth had quit driving in the snow for the night and had settled in to a nice hotel, when the doorbell rang. It is heart-stopping to see 2 sherif officers standing there. What in the world were they doing on a bitter cold night, when I have children out on the road, looking for my neighbor's son???? Sheesh! (Ok, one more thing to be thankful for.)
Sarabeth took her wise mother's advice and stopped in New Mexico for the night. Can't wait to see her.

2 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, that would have scared me to death - eeeek! So glad it wasn't one of your kids and hope they found the neighbor kid.

Take care and stay warm - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Your heart has had quite a workout lately!

Hope all is well with the neighbor's kid...