Monday, March 16, 2009

And What A Birthday It Was

Traditionally we go out to dinner for my birthday. This year I was in the mood for lobster. I can't recall the last time I ate it. (One of those memorable events when I was sickened, no doubt.) But Michael phoned ahead and was assured the lobster was previously frozen. I should have no problem eating it.

First thing Friday morning, the phone rang. A call from Korea! It was so much fun talking with Christopher and Lauren and the perfect start to my birthday. Christopher was shocked that I'd consider going out for seafood. I thought about it. I wondered....what was I thinking??? Well, I had considered my inlaws observance of Lent and how easily seafood would fit into their plans. I had a brilliant idea, fish tacos, cheese enchiladas, bean tostadas. Mexican food began to sound absolutely delicious.

I must have been divinely inspired, as we went to a place that pleased everyone. Here's the most important one to keep happy:
Ethan and his dinosaur balloon


These two appear happy


I could be wrong, but I believe Brian and Elisabeth enjoyed their meal,


immensely!


Hilary & David-Ethan is highly entertained by them
Christina, Ethan , & Sarabeth- a happy trio:


The sombrero lady

And the happiest two of all.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Great pictures!!! Love that last one of you & your husband!!!

Heth said...

Looks like a really fun bunch!

Mother Mayhem said...

WONDERFUL! :o)

Happy belated birthday wishes!

Glad to hear that you skipped the lobster. Your sombrero would have been totally out of place. ;o)

Kristin said...

Fun photos! It looks like you had a very happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed your birthday. I've been hiding behind the kitchen re-do and I've missed a bunch.

Happy Happy Year!

Oh, exactly why do we need more snow?

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to you!!!