Monday, April 30, 2012

Fifty Pieces Of The Puzzle

This is number six of fifty. Explanation of the series here.  This post is for one of first people I met when I moved to Colorado nearly 30 years ago, and became a very dear friend.

Dear Cherrlyn,  It's hard to believe it's been 28 years since we met.  I remember how you welcomed me into your home.  I recall seeing your bible out on the coffee table.  I was surprised, yet hopeful.  Surprised because it was obvious you actually read your bible and hopeful that I might find answers to the struggles I had in my life.

You introduced me to the most amazing friend-Jesus!  If you hadn't been such a nurturing, caring friend, I'm not sure where my life would have taken me.

How can I possibly thank-you for all you invested in my life?  You helped me become a better homemaker, wife, mother, housekeeper, and you discipled me. 

The gift of your prayers sustained me on many occasions.  I am so thankful you stood with me during Christopher's birth and on so many other times.  I learned to pray and intercede as we met weekly in your living room.

I thank God for you and think of you often.  Let's have lunch soon!

No comments: