Friday, November 11, 2016

Day 1 Atlanta

I landed last night around 11:00 p.m. Navigated the airport, with a LOT of walking, and after stopping to ask for help, I found my way to the car rental counter. It went much better than I thought. I was handed my paperwork and told to find a car.  Just like that, find a car.

Nobody was around. Were the cars that different? Did they want me to take the first car or two in line? Were the better cars further out? Geez, it shouldn't be this difficult. I picked the first one.

I loaded my bags, hopped in, adjust my mirrors, and started the car. I was depending on Siri to get me to my destination, so programmed the address. Off I go. I could not find a single decent radio station. Maybe it was Sunday night....but still. Adult songs? Did that mean the language was bad? Religious music sounded like rap. Oh well, no music for me.

The roads were a bit dark and winding. I missed one exit, but was quickly re-routed without having to make a u-turn. That was nice and I arrived all in one piece. It was after midnight when I found my cozy bed all made up for me in the living room and I got to hug my girls before going to bed.

No comments: