Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FlashBack

I'm NEVER getting my hair cut again. I know, I've said this before here, and here. I've even given an explanation of whyI believe my hair is such an obsession. But this time I mean it. Maybe I should say I'm never getting it cut again in July or August, or right before an event. Something about the summer turns my hairdresser into a maniacal, scissor-happy producer of bad hair months.

I should have suspected this lunacy, when she told me about the latest craze. Some daytime soap star was sporting a new version of the 1970's shag and everyone was asking for it. Everyone but me.

Last month, I went in to see my hairdresser. I wanted just a trim. I finally had my hair exactly the way I wanted, just a few dry ends. I was preparing for my 30th High School Reunion. As so many of us do, I thought I'd lose weight and look amazing. That didn't happen. I reasoned that if nothing else, I could at least have fabulous hair. Back in high school, I did NOT have fab hair.

(That's me on the far right.)

Fearing the possibility of a bad haircut, I went for a trial run. It came out perfect! So yesterday, I went back for the final trim before heading to Phoenix this Friday. What happened??? She completely and totally forgot that it had taken us months to get my hair grown into LONG and almost no layers. Where did these short wispy things come from? I'm going to my 30th reunion...I don't want my hair to look like it did 30 years ago.


Sigh. Never, never again. Someone please remind me of this next summer when I want my hair to look like a million bucks.

In honor of my 30th high school reunion, this week I'm posting old pics every day. You'll have to bear with me, since a lot of the pics of me are with random boys. Apparently I spent a lot of time with boys-at least in pictures.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

I feel your pain. Chuckle.