Sunday, December 06, 2015

Elves or Fairies

Wanting something different, I ditched the tattered artificial Christmas tree. It was bought in 2006 when there were no trees to be found . I didn't want to go back to buying a ridiculously expensive, fresh cut tree either. I decided I wanted a fabulous, fake tree all in white with clear lights decorated in silver and blue.

Seeing as how Christmas is less than 3 weeks away, I ran to Walmart last night, bought a white, prelit tree and was ready to go.  To my dismay, when I opened the box, I realized my mistake. I had purchase a white tree with multi-colored lights.

Two of my girls were here and encouraged me to just put it up. I felt defeated. No, I was not going to settle for something because I had made a mistake. If I was going to do something different, I was going to do it right. It was late. I went to bed.

This morning I woke up to Christmas.

Not sure if it was fairies or elves, but someone must have returned the tree I'd opened, bought the right one, came home, put it up, and placed ornaments on it.


Thank-you! What a wonderful surprise to wake up to.

Truthfully,
Joanne


"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" (1 Cor. 9:15)

1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

How sweet! What a wonderful thing to do.