Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Break In

Elisabeth went to dinner with a friend last evening. When she returned to her car, she noticed something on her seat. It was her car registration from the glove box. Something was amiss. Sitting on the dash was an empty hole. Her car stereo was missing. Items from the console were strewn about.

It was 7:30p.m. when she came out of the restaurant. It was daylight. The area of town she was parked is a busy, active place. People coming and going, standing around. Nobody saw anything unusual. This is the same car that was attacked 3 years ago. And the same driver.

This was tough for Elisabeth. It felt like another personal assault.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Oh NO!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry she had to go through this, again. Once was enough for me.

Poor dear!

PJ said...

That's terrible. It does feel very personal. Always. Prayers for Elisabeth and for you.

Anonymous said...

How awful!

Poor Elizabeth has had more than her share, hasn't she?

It's amazing how brazen thieves can be.

Melanie said...

Oh, no!

Anonymous said...

Gack!

Julie said...

ohh... that is dreaming the same nightmare twice !! I HATE when that happens.
I am sooo sorry !! I'm going to pray that somehow God turns for good what the thieves meant for evil !!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't blame her for feeling that way. I'm just glad to see it wasn't an assault on her physical self.

I gave you an award--stop by my blog to pick it up :)

Kristin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about that. We had some teenagers go from car-to-car here last summer and just get in and take things out of the glove compartment but not actually steal anything. It is SO rare for things like that to happen in this small town, but bored teenagers are everywhere.

At first, it really upset me, too. It felt like a violation -- I wondered, would they try to come in the house next? Thankfully, we have a great police force and they work hard to keep the punks in line. Still . . .

Anonymous said...

That is SO sad!!! It does feel like a person attack...someone got into her personal space